Welcome To OpenMRS
Write Code, Save Lives
The OpenMRS Developers manual is hosted at https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-book-developer-manual. Anyone is welcome to help us improve the manual by contributing pull requests to this repository.
The book uses basic markdown syntax. We avoid any complex formatting or layout for the sake of simplicity, limiting formatting mostly to headers, lists, hyperlinks, emphasis only when necessary, and an occasional embedded image.
Making small edits
- Clicking on the EDIT link at the top of any page in the book will take you to the corresponding page in the source.
- If you don't have one, get a GitHub account, and then you can edit the source using GitHub's online editor and GitHub will walk you through submitting the change.
- If you have push access, you will be able to commit the change directly.
- If you do not have push access, GitHub will step you through the process of submitting your change as a pull request.
Making bigger edits
- If you don't have one, get a GitHub account.
- Fork this book repository into your GitHub account.
- If you don't have git installed, get and install it from here (macOS and Linux operating systems often already have git installed)
- Clone the repository to your local machine.
- Use the GitBook Editor to open the book and make changes.
- Publish changes to your fork and then submit a pull request from your repository on the GitHub website.